Thermomix Chicken, Pumpkin & Chorizo Risotto

Since buying the Thermomix Risotto has become our go to quick meal when we have nothing in the fridge and no time to go. Simply throw it all in, walk away and come back in 15 minutes when it’s cooked to perfection. The best thing about risotto is that almost anything works in it flavour wise, so dig out the last 2 carrots you have, a handful of sultanas and voila you have yourself some dinner! This flavour combo is one of my faves! We deliberately leave out the onion as it doesn’t agree with H our two year old and she LOVES risotto, check out her review!

quick-thermomix-risotto

Ingredients

50g Parmesan Cheese

2 Cloves Garlic

50g Olive Oil

350g- 400g Aborio Rice

100g White Wine

2 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips

1 medium sized Chorizo sliced or cubed

200g Pumpkin cut into 2cm cubes

3 Tablespoons of Thermomix stock

20g Butter

1100g Water

Method

Place cubed parmesan into bowl and chop on speed 10 for 9 seconds, remove and set aside.

Add garlic to bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.

Insert Butterfly

Add rice and wine and sauté for 2 minutes at 100c on Reverse + Speed Soft with MC off.

Add stock, water, chicken, pumpkin, chorizo, butter, salt and pepper for seasoning and cook for 16 minutes at 100c on Reverse + Speed Soft

Pour into thermoserver and stir through parmesan, then serve.

Hints and Tips

This recipe works well with breast even though I am usually an advocate for thigh in this type if recipe.

16 Comments Add yours

1. Hello,
    I just wanted to let you know that http://www.kimcarlisle.com nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogging award, I in turn have nominated you, I would Like to thank her and ask that you visit her site if you haven’t already

2. MrsT says:

Hi there,
    I followed this recipe to the letter and it was a big soupy mess! Measured everything correctly and didn’t change a thing but it was a disaster. I’ve made heaps of risottos in the thermie before but this seemed like far too much liquid.

1. Mrs P says:

Hi Mrs T,

Sorry you didn’t have any success, the liquid level is the exact level of liquid used in the EDC and in our demo menu. Did you rest the risotto in the thermoserver for 5 -10 minutes before serving? All of the risotto’s are quite liquidy until they are rested?

Mrs P

3. copyrightyoursoul says:

OMG let me just say that this was amazing. My family loves this recipe. I did use 2 chorizo’s, 1 large chicken breast and added some peas towards the end of the cooking time. I cooked it for 3mins longer, after resting and adding the cheese it was perfecto! Thank you so much.

4. copyrightyoursoul says:

Let me just say my family loved this recipe. I changed it up a bit and used 2 chorizos, 1 large chicken breast and some peas toward the end of the cooking time. I cooked it for 3 mins longer and after resting and adding cheese it was perfect. Thank you!!!

5. Liz says:

I made this tonight, delicious! I used 2 large chicken breasts and only 600ml of water. Will be making again.

6. Yvette says:

An you tell me when I’m meant to add the 50g of olive oil please?

1. Hi Yvette,

The olive oil goes in with the rice 🙂

7. Renee says:

Hi Mrs P, I’m sorry but I have to agree with Mrs T, I got a big liquid mess as well after following the recipe exactly and allowing it to rest. Maybe next time I’ll try only 600ml of liquid as suggested in the other post.

1. Mrs P says:

Sorry to hear that Renee, I can’t understand why you guys are having issues, as this recipe is an adaptation of the EDC mushroom risotto recipe and liquid quantities are the same. Out of curiosity, are you resting in the thermo server for at least 5 mins before serving?

8. Adrian says:

I agree with the other comments… Runny as! It seems as though the recipe isn’t actually correct! I.e. Someone tells you that the oil is missing from instructions so maybe fix the recipe! Just an idea. And seems to be to much liquid! Our demo actually turned out like this as well. Thermo-mess

1. Mrs P says:

Silly question perhaps, but are you guys using the Aborio Rice? I had a friend recently tell me it turned out runny for her and Ive been scratching my head for 12 months trying to figure out what is going wrong for people as it works for me EVERY TIME, you can see from my pics that it’s not a runny mess. My friend was using long grain rice which doesn’t thicken up the sauce on sitting so she ends up with ‘Rice Soup’.

9. Carly says:

As a cooking spaz, can I suggest you tell people when the oil should be added as I missed that. I just added what it told me and then realised after it started that I didn’t add oil. My bowl was filled way past the max line otherwise. Is this normal?

10. Kate says:

Yep I ended up with a big runny mess too & I let it sit in the thermoserver for more than 5 mins. And my chorizo ended up as nothing more than broken up bits of mince throughout the risotto.

11. Tamara says:

Hi I’m just about to attempt this, just a question i will be using 400gr aborio rice, I’ve always had success with the Basic Cook Book risotto but it requires 720gr water, and you said above its meant to have the same amount, just wanting to clarify whether to use the amount above and risk the runny or use the amount required for the basic cook book risotto? Thanks