I LOVE my hollandaise sauce so I’m continuously looking for recipes to use up those egg whites, there are only so many meringues a girl can eat. I really wanted to try an egg white only cheesecake recipe but alas my oven was broken. I found the original recipe for this no bake cheesecake on Our Manly website and converted it a Thermomix 4 egg white recipe. This is the lightest and fluffiest cheesecake I’ve ever eaten, if you prefer a more traditional texture simply reduce egg whites to 2 for a denser filling. This is the perfect dinner party dessert as it is light and fluffy, sweet but not filling.
2 cups Granita biscuits, crushed
90 g butter (cut into 2cm cubes)
2 teaspoons hot water
1 packet of gelatin
125g hot water
250 g cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Rind and juice of half a lemon
1 x 310 g tin mandarins
4 egg whites
100g raw sugar
Peeler from toolkit or zester
Extra large bowl for combining ingredients
Cup & spoon for dissolving gelatin
1) Crush biscuits speed 7, 3 seconds
2) Add butter & hot water and mix speed 5, reverse, 6 seconds.
3) Press into a spring form pan lined with baking paper, use mc to press base into tin.
4) Dissolve gelatin in 125g of hot water, stir continuously until dissolved, set aside.
5) Add sugar and lemon zest to jug, mill speed 10, 4 seconds, set aside.
6) Add cream cheese and mix speed 7, 8 seconds, then insert Butterfly and mix on speed 3.
7) After 5 seconds of mixing slowly begin to add zested sugar, gelatin, juice from tin of mandarins, & 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice when finished set aside into additional large bowl.
8) Thoroughly clean and dry bowl, add egg whites & butterfly and whisk on speed 4 until stiff. (Note mine only took 1min, my egg whites had been in the fridge for a few days beforehand, keep and eye on them so you don’t over whisk them).
9) Gently fold mandarin fruit and egg whites through cream cheese mixture and scoop into spring form pan.
10) Place in fridge for a few hours to set.