My first baby turned 14 yesterday and as we have returned from a week in Hawaii we did very little to celebrate other than presents Nd her choice for dinner.
She actually chose to cook (Peri Peri chicken casserole) but she asked the captain to make the Crunchie Icecream Slice from the original EDC, with Oreos instead. The big fella got a bit busy so I stepped up BEST.MOTHER.EVER.
First thing, the top layer of Malt O Milk biscuits had to go. Biscuits on top of biscuit is too much in my opinion.
It was delicious!!!!!
1 pack of Arnotts Malt O Milk biscuits
600ml thickened cream
30g cocoa powder
2 rows of Oreo cookies (original from standard box – or two 60g crunchie bars)
1) Line casserole dish or deep tupperware container with baking paper
2) Place malt o milk’s on bottom to form biscuit layer
3) Add Oreo’s to bowl, mix on speed 6 for 10-20 seconds to create large crumb, set aside.
4) Add 100g sugar, 30g cocoa & egg into bowl and mix on speed 10 for 20 seconds.
5) Insert butterfly, add 600ml of cream and whip speed 4 for approximately 60 seconds
6) Pour cream mixture over biscuit base.
7) Top with Oreo crumb, lightly press into cream mixture to endure it ‘sticks’
8) Place in freezer for 4-6 hours to set
9) Slice, Serve and enjoy!